Gold nuggets
Years ago I was invited as the guest speaker at the Everett Newcomers luncheon. I was to share some thoughts about my book: Showing Up For The Golden Years.
The majority of the almost 60 ladies present were retired. Many of them were in their 70’s and 80’s, so developing second careers or supplemental income in retirement were outdated topics and most of them had found their purpose in life.
Instead I decided to talk about the gold in Golden Years.
Older people have lived more years dealing with challenges, joys and pains, disappointments and victories. Life has demanded that they make choices and take risks and live with the consequences. They have been rewarded and punished for their decisions, maybe many times over.
That gives them the insight of hindsight.
These insights are the gold nuggets of a lifetime. They are meant to be passed on to the younger.
Whisper of the day:
The gold of the Golden Years doesn't show in your bank account. It is found in your insights and hindsight. Don’t take that treasure with you into the grave.
Share it generously!
Comments
Post a Comment